Recurring Invoices are created when regular billing to the same customers happens frequently.
These Invoices will be saved in a batch and displayed per user, this allows each user to copy these Invoices to a Normal Invoice batch that can be updated.
Recurring Invoices do not reserve inventory quantities, quantities will only be affected when you copy over to a Normal Invoice batch.
Each Invoice that is created from the Recurring batch will receive their own unique Invoice Number.
Please ensure your batches are set to update in batch mode.
Select Setup… Customer… Documents… Invoice Tab
This is also done per user.
Creating Recurring Invoices
- Select Process… Customers
- Select the drop down at Document Type and select Recurring Tax Invoice.
- Select the Customer
- Select the Date
- Complete the rest of the Invoice
- Select Next Document to create other Recurring Invoices
Copy Recurring batch to Normal batch
- Select the drop down at Document Type
- Select Tax Invoice
- At the bottom of the screen select Batch… Copy Recurring
- The Copy Recurring Assistant will open
- Select the period you want to create the Invoices in and select the date you want to show on the Invoices
- Select Next to proceed
- If you do not allow negative inventory quantities and the system encounters insufficient inventory quantities, the Allow Negative Quantities screen displays. Read through the options and make your selection.
- Select Next
- The Update Selling Prices screen will display: If you wish to override all the prices on the Recurring Invoices with current prices on the system, select Update Selling Price.
- Select Next to proceed
- The Confirm Operation screen will display, showing the period and date you have selected.
- Select Process to complete or Back to make changes
- Once all Recurring Invoices have been copied over the Operation Complete screen will display.
- Select Finish
- Select the magnifying glass next to Number on top of the Invoice screen. All your Recurring Invoices will display in the Tax Invoice Zoom screen. You can now view, print and or update your Invoice batch.
Selling prices don’t get updated on Recurring Invoices, this can result in Invoices being created with incorrect amounts. There are 2 automatic price setting features that can assist in this regard:
- Don’t enter selling prices on the Recurring Invoices. When you copy the Recurring Invoice to the Normal Invoice batch, it will add the current selling price for the customer on all zero Invoices. This could be a customer price, a discount matrix price, or a standard price list price, whichever is applicable.
- When you copy Recurring Invoices to the Normal Invoice batch, you can choose to override any existing prices in the Recurring batch, this will use the current prices.
- If you have Invoices that recur for periods rather than monthly, you need to set the year field to 1980. In this instance, the system will only copy Invoices if the month on the Recurring Invoice is the same as the month in which you are copying.
|Invoice||Date||When it Copies|
|1||1 Jan 2018||Every month|
|2||1 Jan 1980||Only in January|
|3||1 July 1980||Only in July|
This means that if the same customer was created on Invoices 2 and 3, the system will create two Invoices each year, one in January and one in July. Similarly, for quarterly Invoices, create four separate invoices.